Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Its all Sunshine and Rainbows! Alaskan Achiever’s Blog Hop!

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Welcome to the Alaskan Achiever’s Blog Hop for March!!

This Blog Hop includes many of the top demonstrators from Stampin’ Up!!  The theme this month is anything from our fabulous Saleabration or Occasions Catalog!!

I have to say, I bought this stamp set right away…but to be honest with you…I was afraid of it!  LOL!  I thought it is going to be too putzy and too much Big Shotting!  Well I couldn't have been more wrong…It is super easy!
Sunshine & Rainbows Photopolymer Bundle
SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS PHOTOPOLYMER BUNDLE
Price: $45.75
And here is what I came up with….I didn't just make one rainbow card…I made three!!
20180318_180059
This was my first one….using primary colors…just making a pretty rainbow…perfect for any occasion.  Colors used are Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Lemon lime Twist, Pool Party, Pacific Point, and Elegant Eggplant.
20180318_180105_001
Notice the Epoxy Shapes…they add a touch of dewiness!
Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes
GLITTER & CLEAR EPOXY SHAPES
Price: $7.00

Next card….was using more Jewel Tones.
20180318_180125
This was made more for a “pick me up” type of card.  The Basic Gray skies…with a few drops of rain and the brilliant rainbow bursting from the clouds and perfect to brighten someone's day during a difficult time.  Colors used here are….Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, Tempting Turquoise ,  Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry.

20180318_180130


And finally…I just wanted a rainbow that exuded calmness and serenity.  This the card we made a my Stamp Club last week.
20180318_180215
I love the softness of the pastel colors…makes me feel tropical.  Colors used are Flirty Flaming, Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, Soft Sky, and Powder Pink. 

20180318_180220

So to make my rainbows…because I was using them for a class and I made a bunch for my own use….here is how I had the pieces laid out….it stayed super organized!!
20180318_180545
This made it quick and easy to cut a bunch of “rainbows” out!
Here is how I laid it on my Big Shot!!   I rolled the all 7 arches out at once!
20180318_180748
(Don’t look at my “well worn out” Cutting Plate!)  Still works!!
Also notice on each arch I color each end with a sharpie to keep track of the whole Roy G Biv thing!! 
20180318_180625
It sure did help!

All these little hints made making a bunch of Rainbow Cards a breeze!!  Hope you will give the rainbows a chance!
Now onto the rest of the blog hop!!  You are here at Renee Kohnke /Water City Stamping.  Make sure to check all of the wonderful posts!!




until next time…..
ReneeKohnkeSignature















2 comments:

  1. Wow, these rainbow cards are just gorgeous! LOve how by changing the colours you can change what type of card it is. So clever!

    ReplyDelete